Our vision for equality and diversity goes beyond complying with the public sector equality duty and establishing processes to achieve change. As part of our interaction with our local community, employees, members, partners and providers, we will endeavour to be proactive and monitor progress made towards meeting our public sector equality duty.
- Encourage diversity and eliminate unfair treatment and discrimination through a full range of policies and procedures.
- Recognise that employees have rights to work in a supportive, safe and harassment-free environment and have individual and collective responsibility to value and respect each other’s contributions.
- Proactively encourage engagement of our local interests in decision making
The CCG’s vision is to create an environment in which all people have equal, dignified and ease of access to our services and facilities through the full range of activities; employment and services that we commission from our providers.
Commissioning and contracting
- We will endeavour to ensure that the purchase of goods, services and facilities is undertaken in line with our equality and diversity commitments.
- We will endeavour to use providers and suppliers who share our values on equality of opportunity and diversity;
- We will endeavour to establish procedures to ensure that businesses from diverse communities have an equal opportunity of competing for collaborative procurement contracts to supply goods and services to the CCG.
- We will not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation in the allocation of employees employed in any post.
- All employees will be considered solely on their merits for career development and promotion with equal opportunities for all.
- We will develop employees in order that they understand the context of and the specific issues influencing equality and diversity.
- All employees of Tower Hamlets CCG are required to treat patients, carers and colleagues with dignity and respect.
- We support and adhere to family-friendly and flexible working policies