The Personalised Care programme In Tower Hamlets (previously the Integrated Personal Commissioning or IPC programme) is a new integrated approach to Health and Social care providing greater choice and flexibility in how patients receive their care. Tower Hamlets Clinical Commissioning Group (THCCG) is one of 21 sites across England to deliver the programme with a focus on delivering quality, individualised care.
In the recently released NHS Ten Year Plan: https://www.england.nhs.uk/long-term-plan/ Personalised care was one of the main areas of focus.
The key commitments and actions by 2023/24 are:
- Personalised Care will benefit up to 2.5 million people giving them the same choice and control over their mental and physical health that they have come to expect in every other aspect of their life;
- Over 1,000 trained social prescribing link workers will be in place by 2020/21 rising further by 2023/24, with the aim that over 900,000 people are able to be referred to social prescribing schemes by then. Social prescribing link workers connect people to wider community support which that can help improve their health and well-being and to engage and deal with some of their underlying causes of ill health.
- 200K people will have a personal health budget so they can control their own care, improve their health experiences and experience better value for money services over a “one size fits all” approach;
- 750,000 people have a personalised care and support plan to manage their long term health conditions;
- Develop the skills and behaviours of 75,000 clinicians and professionals through practical support to use personalised care approaches in their day-to-day practice
- That we deliver universal implementation of the Comprehensive Model of Personalised Care across England, which fully embeds the six standard components– shared decision making; personalised care and support planning; enabling choice; social prescribing and community based support; supported self management; and personal health budgets and integrated personal budgets – across the NHS and the wider health and care system.
Project Support Manager
020 3688 2692
We empower a culture shift in health and social care, valuing the person’s assets to enable the delivery of care and support that the person wants but also the care and support we would want for ourselves, families and loved ones.