Committees in Common meeting - consultation for the relocation of Moorfields Eye Hospital
Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and its research and education partner, the University College London (UCL) Institute of Ophthalmology have been exploring the opportunity to move services from their existing premises in City Road and Bath Street in Islington to the St Pancras hospital site in Camden by 2025/26. Moorfields Eye Hospital has been exploring options since 2013.
Moorfields services are commissioned by CCGs across England, as well as NHS England Specialised Commissioning, with 14 London and Hertfordshire commissioners holding significant contracts (defined as > £2m per annum). These 14 constitute the “lead” CCGs in this process.
In order to proceed to public consultation, a decision of the 14 lead Clinical Commissioning Groups* is required to endorse that they have received sufficient assurance in relation to the pre-consultation business case.
Coming to the meeting
Members of the public are very welcome to attend the meeting, listen to the discussions and observe our decision-making process. Important to note that the Committees in Common is held in public, and not a 'public meeting'.
Members of the public can ask questions about the Committees in Common agenda items before the meeting. Any questions relating to the agenda must be submitted to the email@example.com by 9am on Tuesday 23rd April. We will endeavour to provide answers at the beginning of the meeting (in the ‘questions from the public’ agenda item), or in writing afterwards, depending on the number and complexity of questions we receive. We have set a limit of three questions per individual or organisation. However, questions and feedback can, of course, also be submitted outside of our formal meetings through our normal communication channels There will also be an opportunity to ask questions relating to agenda items at the meeting during the ‘Questions from the public’ agenda item. This agenda slot will include questions asked in advance of the meeting and questions asked on the day, and will be managed at the Chair’s discretion within the time available.
- 01 Committees in Common Agenda 24 April 2019
- 02 Cover Sheet for CiC Meeting 24 April 2019
- 03 Moorfield Pre Consultation Business Case
- 04 Cover Letter for the Moorfields Clinical Senate Review 21 Dec 2018
- 05 Moorfields Clinical Senate Review Final
- 06 Response to Clinical Senate Report 14 Jan 2019
- 07 Clinical Senate Repsonse Letter 28 Jan 2019
- 08 Consultation Mandate 15.4.19 v1.1
- 09 Consultation plan for public_patients for CIC 15.4.19
- 10 Moorfields Commissioner Financial Assurance Letter to NHSE 26 Feb 2019
- 11 NHSE OGSCR Letter April 2019