Applications are invited
This programme supports user led groups to provide a wide range of social and therapeutic activities that develop skills and promote social inclusion, well-being, and independence for people with mental health problems aged over 18. The purpose of the grants is to support people to achieve the following outcomes:
- Feel more supported because of the group;
- Feel more positive about the future because of the group;
- Feel less socially isolated because of the group;
- Feel they have developed because of the group;
- Better manage their mental health problems because of the group;
- Develop skills and confidence to help people obtain employment.
To be eligible for a grant, groups must:
- Support residents of Tower Hamlets with mental health needs and aged over 18;
- Be led by mental health service users and have a co-facilitator;
- Provide peer support, therapeutic or social activities and develop skills and confidence to help people in seeking employment to an acceptable number of active members and reach new members;
- Help people achieve outcomes and complete and submit monitoring returns;
- Priority will be given to groups that provide out of hours activities; target users currently under represented in accessing services and demonstrate commitment to sustainable development.
The maximum grant award to any user-led group is £5,000 per year for 2 years. Due to a limited budget for the grants, the total number of applications will affect the level of awards to successful groups.
The deadline for returning small grants applications is Tuesday 6 March, 2018.
For an application pack please contact:
Charlotte Spirgel-Sinclair (Co Production & Involvement Manager, Community Options) on 07703 472588 or at Charlotte.S-Sinclair@community-options.org.uk