A new service supporting anyone living in Tower Hamlets with a mental health condition or emotional issue has launched.
Tower Hamlets Recovery and Wellbeing Service offers local people affected by mental health somewhere to turn for advice and support.
Run by charity Mind in Tower Hamlets and Newham, the services are free and designed to offer support for people to:
- link to the right service at the right time
- develop their knowledge of mental and physical health through the Recovery College which provides free courses on physical and mental health wellbeing and recovery
- access one-to-one support
- access information and guidance
- undertake group activities in hubs located across the borough
- access employment support, training and placements
- develop business management skills
- have their say on how services are developed
- pop in for a chat at one of the designated safe spaces such as a local coffee shop
Tower Hamlets CCG mental health lead Dr Judith Littlejohns said: “We recognise that approximately one in four people in the UK will experience a mental health problem in any given year. We are committed to delivering services that support people in ways that work for them and enables them to maintain their wellbeing and independence.”
Further information and contacts are available in the service leaflet.